“We strive to create a fun and supportive environment that encourages each student to craft their unique entrepreneurial career, one they will be passionate about”
say Co-Directors of the MSc. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Dr. Clare Gately & Jean Michel Ledru.
EDHEC Business School is raising the bar by launching its revised MSc. in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Programme in 2017.
The appointment of two new co-directors to the programme Dr Clare Gately and Mr Jean-Michel Ledru, sees changes to the Programme in two main areas :-
- A new integrated venture lab (which will accelerate student projects through the start-up process)
- New teaching and assessment methods
The programme is redesigned on lean start-up principles, reflecting market needs and feedback from entrepreneurs and current students.
Highlights of the revised programme
- A new integrated venture lab, enabling you to work on your own business ideas using design and lean start-up methodologies for twelve weeks over the first semester.
- You will be exposed to the world of innovative managers through an international speaker series and live company challenges.
- Practice-based learning: which is built around exercises and workshops dedicated to experimentation, play, creativity and reflection.
- Innovative methodology: A customer-focused methodology. Products are co-created through ongoing contact with customers, which shortens the time frame and reduces the overall cost to product-market fit.
- EDHEC's 'entrepreneurs-in-residence' will mentor you throughout the year, providing immediate insight and role models to the entrepreneurial world.
How you will benefit?
The programme is practice-oriented, it will prepare you for the world of entrepreneurship and innovation management by engaging you in exercises and practical cases to refine your entrepreneurial skills. During the programme you will be exposed to:
- Entrepreneurial Skills and Knowledge Development in key areas such as design thinking, lean start-up, negotiation, selling, financial planning, digital marketing and creativity to enable you to ideate and build new products and services.
- An Entrepreneurial Ecosystem of International Best Practice with study trips to Silicon Valley and entrepreneurial centers of excellence throughout the EU. The programme is run by academics and practitioners with a deep understanding and passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. Throughout the programme you will engage with Entrepreneurs and EDHEC alumni who will share their entrepreneurial journey with you.
- Entrepreneurial/ Intrapreneurial Experience, you will gain first-hand experience of working with entrepreneurs/ intrapreneurs by working on innovation challenges faced by their firms.
“Through this revised programme students will be introduced to the lean-start up methodology and to the community of thought leaders who are reshaping the way innovation is thought about and practiced in businesses large and small. The course will prepare students to build and test new opportunities quickly and successfully, using an iterative process culminating in product - market fit. Many companies have used this approach in building their business (including: Dropbox, General Electric etc). The lean -start up approach is suitable for corporate innovation as well as new venture creation and we look forward implementing our ideas in the programme," says Professor of Entrepreneurship,
Co-Director of the MSc. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Dr. Clare Gately & Jean Michel Ledru, Co-Director of the programme & Director of EDHEC Young Entrepreneurs (EDHEC incubator / Accelerator).
These changes are to be implemented from the beginning of September 2017.
More info to come on the programme... stay connected / tuned here or www.facebook.com/edhec.ge